Monday, July 18, 2011

At least we didn't talk about the contents of her diapers

We had visiting childcare this weekend, so took the opportunity to spend some time by sans Bun Bun. First we had a massage, which was awesome. I can turn my head several degrees further than I've been able to since the second trimester. Then we went out to dinner, which was also awesome, as I had almost as much liquor as I wanted. We shared a half-bottle of wine, and I commented that it tasted good, which is a technical term used by oenophiles. Mr. Bunny showed his superior knowledge of the vintage by saying it tasted jammy. We looked at each other. We looked away. We looked at each other and said in unison: Froggy Jammies. Because, you see:

One of her preferred outfits.


Then we laughed. Then my milk let down. So, Bun Bun was never far from our thoughts, and we have proven our parenting chops by saying Froggy Jammies in a hip and upscale-ish restaurant.

I also worked up the nerve to ask Mr. Bunny how he's doing with the whole celibacy thing. He said I shouldn't feel any pressure to reengage, and that he'd read women didn't have much interest while breastfeeding. SWEET! I love a man who does his research.

I did NOT work up the nerve to ask whether the reason he's willing to forgo getting laid is because he finds me disgusting.

Perhaps next time.

17 comments:

  1. always good to leave something for the second date. cultivates an air of mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute jammies! Mmmm....wine is nice. That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The first time that we were 'willingly' away from A was when he was 9 months old. J had an overnight stay in D.C. to receive an award for his dept. He wanted me to go with him. I was abit nervous. We had just moved to this new city and knew NO ONE!! One of my dearest friends lives about 2.5 hours from us. So I drove down 2 days before so I could show her everything about him (like she didn't know..lol) We were gone a little less than 24 hours and talked about A every minute we were gone...for you can't help yourself. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of the first time The Boy and I were about to "re-engage" and he told me I had to lead the way because "a baby came out of there". Got to love men that get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue and would have asked the q. Or not really bc I ask everyday "am I still pretty?" you might think I'm joking ... :o)

    I love bun bun. She is too cute and looks like quite the mellow baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you two got away, and how cute that Froggy Jammies came up, they're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a nice date. My dh and I need a date. Right now I'm pretty sure he thinks I may be switching teams because 1. The whole celibacy thing(too darn tired) 2. I spend a lots of time with my BFF (she has a kid who plays with G and we get along great, plus she does all the city research so knows all the good weekend activities for the older kids) 3. I probably still look gross too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've only gotten away once since Isaac came home - for 45 minutes to buy me a new phone. It was funny, we did talk about him the whole time :). I'd love a dinner date with Hubby. Or at least a lunch date... Maybe when my sis comes home next month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! You actually succeeded in the incredibly difficult practice of "communication after baby". I hope you guys can keep it up.

    And I love those jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you and the mr. had a nice dinner out!

    Adorable jammies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bring me that delightful mint chocolate chip baby immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  12. According to my spouse, the near-universal male reaction, to sex-after-baby is "NAKED TIME! WOO-HOO!" (Of course, N=1.) So, here's hoping that one day you'll find some interest, and his reaction will be confined to WOO-HOO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The date sounds AMAZING! I smiled when I saw the jammies. As far as after baby sex goes I am afraid that I might be the one feeling the need to rush it. Mr. Bunny sounds very understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. a few important points:

    * Bun Bun is absolutely ADORABLE in her froggy jammies.

    * The two of you are also ADORABLE on your first post-having-a-baby date.

    * I think you do need to ask Mr. Bunny that last question, but wait until you are ready to overturn the celibacy because my guess is that he will want to answer without using too many words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is such a love

    We talked about poop the entire date. In a really nice restaurant on my birthday. We don't talk about s.e.x. Or have much. So at least you guys are. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Froggy jammies:)

    A man who does his research = indispensable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It took splitting a WHOLE bottle of wine to address our new sexlessness on our first post baby date. :)

    <3 those froggy jammies!

    ReplyDelete