Friday, June 10, 2011

What the fuck, Universe?

Yesterday I took a tour of my weed-choked garden to discover that someone had eaten all the peas. One day they were innocently twining their way up the little trellises I so carefully placed for them, getting ready to flower, enjoying the sun and rain, and the next they are nothing but stumps. This sense of futility echos--in a way so trivial and minute that I hope it's not insulting--what I feel when I read Egghunt's news. Hope and potential and life...gone in the blink of an eye. I'm so sorry, my friend.

3 comments:

  1. What an incredibly disgusting turn of events, indeed. I am so sad for Egghunt. And not too happy about your peas either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you bunny. You're a sweetheart and I really appreciate you giving the universe a bollocking on mine (and your poor peas) behalf.

    Me and your peas are most grateful. xxx

    ReplyDelete