Monday, March 7, 2011

Bun Bunery, Phase 2

Last night I dreamed I'd had a miscarriage in the first trimester. That instead of having this squirmy fetus, I had nothing at all. I woke up very distressed, but there was some nice, solid, wiggly evidence that that it was just a dream. I fell back asleep, but kept finding myself in the same dream--no Bun Bun. An awful, heart-wrenching feeling.

So today I made some curtains for the Bun Bunery. Here are a few shots of the progress we've made over the past couple months.

First, Phase One: A mostly empty room with a few crucial items. Crib, changing table, some newborn-size onesies, stuffed snail. (The last being the most critical.)
Then I assembled some fabrics from my collection. The red one has frogs. I had to use red because Mr. Bunny choose the changing table with red drawers. Anyway, there's a rug that brings them all together.
Then I made a slipcover for a cheap and hideous Target ottoman that's been lying around. Then I made curtains. With blackout lining.

If you look out the window you can see my snow covered vegetable garden. Some day it will be spring again! And I'll probably have a baby.

15 comments:

  1. Cuteness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you and Mr. Bunny appreciate how essential stuffed snails are to bun buneries. I think you've also found a really good spot for Mr. Snail.
    Wow! Bun Bun has a nice room. AND it overlooks the vegetable garden. Wafting smells of kale and chard in infancy will increase a child's consumption of greens in later years. That's empirical.
    CUTE curtains, Bunny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, black-out curtains. You are so smart. I didn't know about black-out curtains till waaay after I had finished hot gluing Wes' curtains. Luckily, he was born in the dark months. I'm not sure what we're gonna do when spring comes. You don't take orders, do you?

    Cute nursery so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers for the newest member of your family!! I pray for you, your partner, and you baby all the time! You will be awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. Very cute. That dream sucks and I'm glad it's just that a dream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one stylish crib! I like how this is coming together. I like to think that you are putting the bun into "abundance of spring." I'll be sneaking a virtual belly rub hoping that some of that will impart our way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice work, Bunny! 1) I love your crib. 2) I wish you could be my curtain consultant. :) I ordered SEVEN kinds, much to hubs's dismay, so I could try them all out. Of course promising I would return them all once I found the perfect set. And now I'm on bedrest and we have seven sets of curtains sitting in our apt. :) What a sweet room for Bun-Bun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL. The fabrics are gorgeous. And what a lovely nursery. Something tells me that Bun Bun is going to love these new digs (and stuffed snails are critical).

    (Nightmares are a terrible thing. May you not be haunted by any more of them. Wouldn't it be nice if there were a Viking rune candle that could address this? I'd buy it.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shitty dream.

    But, seriously, what an awesome talent to have! I want my very own seamstress to make made-to-order curtains and slipcovers and you have that seamstress living INSIDE you! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awful dream!

    I'm so very impressed with your mad skills - the curtains look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, you are so skilled. I wish I knew how to do that.

    I hate dreams like that, but hooray for movement so at least we know they're a crock of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. girl, you have some serious skills with the sewing machine!! i've had really bad dreams all throughout this pregnancy so far. it's our mind playing nastay tricks on us. you only have 2 more months to go!!! it'll be here before you know it :o) xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Badass Bunny! Hello, Badass Bun Bunery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great. I cannot wait to see Bun Bun's Buckeye gear hanging from a little frog shaped peg.

    Those dreams are brutal. Hateful and scary. Thank jaw you have to pee so much so you wake up from the bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely fabric.

    And so nice to wake up from a dream like that. Blessed, blessed relief.

    ReplyDelete