Friday, January 15, 2010

Recovery...or laziness?

My post-op paperwork tells me I can resume my normal activities today, and I'm like, no thanks. I normally begin my day with a few hours of roping steers followed by a little light dog sledding. I think instead I'll watch some movies. I did make a run to the grocery store to pick up supplies for tomorrow's baby shower. In the checkout line I was surrounded by no fewer than three pregnant women. Help! Plus, the cashier naturally enough asked me why I was buying a shitload of flowers. For some reason I told her the truth, and was treated to a gushing report on her sister's new baby and blah blah blah. I only shed a couple of tears when I got outside, so I think I'm going to make it through tomorrow. I'd say that while my heart is not 100% in it, I'm perhaps 70% enthusiastic, and with some fakin' and drinkin', can get up to 82.65 % happy for my best friend. Very big of me, huh? After I've had a rest, I will proceed to get my bake on. I'm thinking chocolate sour cream tears-of-the-infertile cupcakes with meyer lemon cream cheese icing.

7 comments:

  1. you're hilarious. I think 82.65% happy is pretty much awesome and you're a great best friend for throwing her a shower.

    Good luck with the baby shower tomorrow, I'll be thinking of ya.

    I wouldn't go near one this weekend if someone paid me 100k. Okay, maybe for 100k, but that's probably the only situation.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear tears-of-the-infertile are quite the delicacy. I think 82.65% is just about as altruistic and heartfelt as an infertile girl can get, especially after a lap. YOU ARE A VERY GOOD FRIEND. :) Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, those sound like good cupcakes :).

    I hope the baby shower goes well! I'd be dreading the crap out of that, especially so soon after a lap.

    And take all of the time you need to recover - only a MAN would set the recovery period post-lap as 3 days. Insane. With each of my surgeries, it took longer and longer for me to recover, and I always had to go back to work before I was ready. Your body will heal faster with more rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had some nice chill-time today. I'm planning on relaxing (being lazy) this weekend. I'll be thinking about you and I hope the shower goes well. You're a freakin awesome friend for doing this! 82.65 is a shit load higher than my happiness would be. Take a shot for me! =) (for real)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vodka will do wonders. Good luck at the shower. Hopefully you'll be too busy hosting to feel any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck...I know it's hard to be/act happy for the preggies. Those cupcakes sound divine! Hopefully they will distract you temporarily from the shitty stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck, bunny...eat lots o'cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete